Week in Review

I know I haven’t been writing much, but there’s a good reason. Half of the last four weeks was spent without computers or internet connection as I traveled, and the other two weeks were spent recovering from mangoes. I bought 10 “smell mangoes” from the market to juice since my family likes mangoes.

Smell Mango

This mango has a pungent smell and dangerous skin.

They are called “smell mangoes” because even one will fill your house with an overwhelming mango aroma. They are our least favorite mango, but we eat them if they are the only ones we can find. A day after juicing the mangoes the back of my fingers started to become itchy. The next day large blisters started to form and my fingers really started to hurt. Apparently mango skins can contain urushiol oil which is what adorns your body with the poison ivy rash. After two weeks, much hydrocortisone cream and benadryl, and the skin peeling off the back of my fingers, the last big blisters are starting to recede and the pain is largely gone. So now it’s back to normal which means I’m ready for the next abnormal thing to happen.

This weekend, I get to visit some dear  rural Papua New Guinean friends which means more travel and adventure. Stay tuned.


  1. Poison Ivy rash is not good, Most of the time the itch is too much that i am scratching heavily and thus scarring my skin in the process. “.;.’

    Please do pay a visit to our own blog site

  2. Every year, more than 10 million unlucky Americans suffer the itching, swelling and blistering that poison ivy leaves in its wake. This seemingly harmless plant’s oil can travel through the air, be transferred through clothing and can even attack days after you’ve been outside. It’s a tricky little plant that causes pain to nearly everyone in its path.’

    Most up-to-date blog post provided by our new blog site

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *